obedience: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (?-b?'d?-uns), [key]
- the state or quality of being obedient.
- the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance: Military service demands obedience from its members.
- a sphere of authority or jurisdiction, esp. ecclesiastical.
- conformity to a monastic rule or the authority of a religious superior, esp. on the part of one who has vowed such conformance.
- the rule or authority that exacts such conformance.
- obedience (Thesaurus)