WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearing, swearword, cuss, profanity
- usage: profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; "expletives were deleted"
- 2. oath, swearing, commitment, dedication
- usage: a commitment to tell the truth (especially in a court of law); to lie under oath is to become subject to prosecution for perjury
- 3. oath, promise
- usage: a solemn promise, usually invoking a divine witness, regarding your future acts or behavior; "they took an oath of allegiance"
All rights reserved.
See also: oath (Dictionary)