- 1. nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that seems to convey no meaning
- 2. folderal, falderol, frill, gimcrackery, gimcrack, nonsense, trumpery, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: ornamental objects of no great value
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nonsense(prenominal), nonsensical, meaningless (vs. meaningful), nonmeaningful
- usage: having no intelligible meaning; "nonsense syllables"; "a nonsensical jumble of words"
All rights reserved.
See also: nonsense (Dictionary)