Synonyms of neglect
- 1. disregard, neglect, inattention
- usage: lack of attention and due care
- 2. neglect, disuse, decline, declination
- usage: the state of something that has been unused and neglected; "the house was in a terrible state of neglect"
- 3. disregard, neglect, mistreatment
- usage: willful lack of care and attention
- 4. negligence, neglect, neglectfulness, carelessness, sloppiness
- usage: the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
- 5. negligence, carelessness, neglect, nonperformance, nonaccomplishment, nonachievement
- usage: failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
- 1. neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap
- usage: leave undone or leave out; "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
- 2. fail, neglect
- usage: fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
- 3. neglect
- usage: fail to attend to; "he neglects his children"
- 4. neglect, ignore, disregard
- usage: give little or no attention to; "Disregard the errors"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of neglect (Dictionary)