Meaning of neglect
Pronunciation: (ni-glekt'), [key]
- to pay no attention or too little attention to; disregard or slight: The public neglected his genius for many years.
- to be remiss in the care or treatment of: to neglect one's family; to neglect one's appearance.
- to omit, through indifference or carelessness: to neglect to reply to an invitation.
- to fail to carry out or perform (orders, duties, etc.): to neglect the household chores.
- to fail to take or use: to neglect no precaution.
- an act or instance of neglecting; disregard; negligence: The neglect of the property was shameful.
- the fact or state of being neglected: a beauty marred by neglect.
- neglect (Thesaurus)