- 1. neck, cervix, external body part
- usage: the part of an organism (human or animal) that connects the head to the rest of the body; "he admired her long graceful neck"; "the horse won by a neck"
- 2. neck, land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma
- usage: a narrow elongated projecting strip of land
- 3. neck, cut, cut of meat
- usage: a cut of meat from the neck of an animal
- 4. neck, part, portion
- usage: a narrow part of an artifact that resembles a neck in position or form; "the banjo had a long neck"; "the bottle had a wide neck"
- 5. neck, neck opening, opening
- usage: an opening in a garment for the neck of the wearer; a part of the garment near the wearer's neck
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. neck, make out, pet
- usage: kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion; "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car"
All rights reserved.
See also: neck (Dictionary)