- 1. sleep, nap, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn't time for a nap"
- 2. nap, texture
- usage: a soft or fuzzy surface texture
- 3. pile, nap, thread, yarn
- usage: the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave; "for uniform color and texture tailors cut velvet with the pile running the same direction"
- 4. nap, catnap, cat sleep, forty winks, short sleep, snooze, sleeping
- usage: sleeping for a short period of time (usually not in bed)
- 5. Napoleon, nap, card game, cards
- usage: a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nap, catnap, catch a wink, sleep, kip, slumber, log Z's, catch some Z's
- usage: take a siesta; "She naps everyday after lunch for an hour"
All rights reserved.
See also: nap (Dictionary)