WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mutant, mutation, variation, sport, organism, being
- usage: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- 2. mutation, genetic mutation, chromosomal mutation, change, alteration, modification
- usage: (genetics) any event that changes genetic structure; any alteration in the inherited nucleic acid sequence of the genotype of an organism
- 3. mutation, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change or alteration in form or qualities
All rights reserved.
See also: mutation (Dictionary)