mutation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (my-tā'shun), [key]
- a sudden departure from the parent type in one or more heritable characteristics, caused by a change in a gene or a chromosome.
- an individual, species, or the like, resulting from such a departure.
- the act or process of changing.
- a change or alteration, as in form or nature.
- (in Celtic languages) syntactically determined morphophonemic phenomena that affect initial sounds of words.
- mutation (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.