WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. music, auditory communication
- usage: an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
- 2. music, euphony, sound, auditory sensation
- usage: any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds; "he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes"
- 3. music, activity
- usage: musical activity (singing or whistling etc.); "his music was his central interest"
- 4. music, sound, auditory sensation
- usage: (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
- 5. music, medicine, punishment, penalty, penalization, penalisation
- usage: punishment for one's actions; "you have to face the music"; "take your medicine"
All rights reserved.
See also: music (Dictionary)