Meaning of music
Pronunciation: (my'zik), [key]
- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
- the tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.
- musical work or compositions for singing or playing.
- the written or printed score of a musical composition.
- such scores collectively.
- any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound: the music of the waves.
- appreciation of or responsiveness to musical sounds or harmonies: Music was in his very soul.
- the cry of the hounds.
- to meet, take, or accept the consequences of one's mistakes, actions, etc.: He's squandered his money and now he's got to face the music.
- music (Thesaurus)