- 1. mug, mugful, containerful
- usage: the quantity that can be held in a mug
- 2. chump, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, sucker, soft touch, mug, victim, dupe
- usage: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- 3. countenance, physiognomy, phiz, visage, kisser, smiler, mug, face, human face
- usage: the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British)
- 4. mug, drinking vessel
- usage: with handle and usually cylindrical
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mug, hold up, stick up
- usage: rob at gunpoint or with the threat of violence; "I was mugged in the streets of New York last night"
All rights reserved.
See also: mug (Dictionary)