Meaning of mug
Pronunciation: (mug), [key]
— n., v., mugged, mug•ging.
- a drinking cup, usually cylindrical in shape, having a handle, and often of a heavy substance, as earthenware.
- the quantity it holds.
- the face.
- the mouth.
- an exaggerated facial expression; grimace, as in acting.
- a thug, ruffian, or other criminal.
- a gullible person; dupe; fool.
- to assault or menace, esp. with the intention of robbery.
- to photograph (a person), esp. in compliance with an official or legal requirement.
- to grimace; exaggerate a facial expression, as in acting.
- mug (Thesaurus)