- 1. mix, premix, concoction, mixture, intermixture
- usage: a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients
- 2. mix, mixture, combining, combine
- usage: an event that combines things in a mixture; "a gradual mixture of cultures"
- 3. mix, commixture, admixture, mixture, intermixture, mixing, combination, combining, compounding
- usage: the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge, change integrity
- usage: mix together different elements; "The colors blend well"
- 2. desegregate, integrate, mix
- usage: open (a place) to members of all races and ethnic groups; "This school is completely desegregated"
- 3. mix, compound, combine
- usage: combine (electronic signals); "mixing sounds"
- 4. mix, mix in, add
- usage: add as an additional element or part; "mix water into the drink"
- 5. mix, mingle, commix, unify, amalgamate, change, alter, modify
- usage: to bring or combine together or with something else; "resourcefully he mingled music and dance"
- 6. shuffle, ruffle, mix, manipulate
- usage: mix so as to make a random order or arrangement; "shuffle the cards"
All rights reserved.
See also: mix (Dictionary)