WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marrow, bone marrow, connective tissue
- usage: the fatty network of connective tissue that fills the cavities of bones
- 2. marrow, marrow squash, vegetable marrow, summer squash, summer squash vine, Cucurbita pepo melopepo
- usage: any of various squash plants grown for their elongated fruit with smooth dark green skin and whitish flesh
- 3. marrow, bone marrow, dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat
- usage: very tender and very nutritious tissue from marrowbones
- 4. marrow, vegetable marrow, summer squash
- usage: large elongated squash with creamy to deep green skins
- 5. kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
All rights reserved.
See also: marrow (Dictionary)