- 1. industry, manufacture, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of computers to control production"
- 2. fabrication, manufacture, manufacturing, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of making something (a product) from raw materials; "the synthesis and fabrication of single crystals"; "an improvement in the manufacture of explosives"; "manufacturing is vital to Great Britain"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. manufacture, fabricate, construct, make
- usage: put together out of artificial or natural components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"; He manufactured a popular cereal"
- 2. fabricate, manufacture, cook up, make up, invent, think up, think of, dream up, hatch, concoct
- usage: make up something artificial or untrue
- 3. manufacture, produce, bring forth
- usage: produce naturally; "this gland manufactures a specific substance only"
- 4. manufacture, make, create
- usage: create or produce in a mechanical way; "This novelist has been manufacturing his books following his initial success"
All rights reserved.
See also: manufacture (Dictionary)