Meaning of manufacture
Pronunciation: (man"yu-fak'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- the making of goods or wares by manual labor or by machinery, esp. on a large scale: the manufacture of television sets.
- the making or producing of anything; generation: the manufacture of body cells.
- the thing or material manufactured; product: Plastic is an important manufacture.
- to make or produce by hand or machinery, esp. on a large scale.
- to work up (material) into form for use: to manufacture cotton.
- to invent fictitiously; fabricate; concoct: to manufacture an account of the incident.
- to produce in a mechanical way without inspiration or originality: to manufacture a daily quota of poetry.
- manufacture (Thesaurus)