WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pull off, negociate, bring off, carry off, manage, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: be successful; achieve a goal; "She succeeded in persuading us all"; "I managed to carry the box upstairs"; "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"; "The pianist negociated the difficult runs"
- 2. manage, deal, care, handle, control, command
- usage: be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- 3. cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage, act, move
- usage: come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- 4. oversee, supervise, superintend, manage, administer, administrate
- usage: watch and direct; "Who is overseeing this project?"
- 5. wangle, finagle, manage, achieve, accomplish, attain, reach
- usage: achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
- 6. do, manage
- usage: carry on or function; "We could do with a little more help around here"
- 7. wield, handle, manage, manipulate
- usage: handle effectively; "The burglar wielded an axe"; "The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well"
All rights reserved.
See also: manage (Dictionary)