- 1. mail, message
- usage: the bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service
- 2. mail, mail service, postal service, post, communication, communicating
- usage: the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post'"
- 3. mail, conveyance, transport
- usage: a conveyance that transports the letters and packages that are conveyed by the postal system
- 4. mail, post, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
- 5. chain mail, ring mail, mail, chain armor, chain armour, ring armor, ring armour, body armor, body armour, suit of armor, suit of armour, coat of mail, cataphract
- usage: (Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mail, get off, send, send out
- usage: send via the postal service; "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
- 2. mail, post, send, transfer
- usage: cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
All rights reserved.
See also: mail (Dictionary)