Synonyms of lofty
- 1. exalted, elevated, sublime, grand, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
- 2. eminent, lofty, soaring, towering, high (vs. low)
- usage: of imposing height; especially standing out above others; "an eminent peak"; "lofty mountains"; "the soaring spires of the cathedral"; "towering icebergs"
- 3. gallant, lofty, majestic, proud, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: having or displaying great dignity or nobility; "a gallant pageant"; "lofty ships"; "majestic cities"; "proud alpine peaks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lofty (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.