lofty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lôf'tē, lof'-), [key]
— loft•i•er, loft•i•est.
- extending high in the air; of imposing height; towering: lofty mountains.
- exalted in rank, dignity, or character; eminent.
- elevated in style, tone, or sentiment, as writings or speech.
- arrogantly or condescendingly superior in manner; haughty: to treat someone in a lofty manner.
- noting a rig of a sailing ship having extraordinarily high masts.
- (of fabric or yarn) thick and resilient.
- lofty (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.