Synonyms of lodge
- 1. Lodge, Sir Oliver Lodge, Sir Oliver Joseph Lodge
- usage: English physicist who studied electromagnetic radiation and was a pioneer of radiotelegraphy (1851-1940)
- 2. club, social club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order, association
- usage: a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- 3. lodge, gatehouse
- usage: small house at the entrance to the grounds of a country mansion; usually occupied by a gatekeeper or gardener
- 4. lodge, hunting lodge, house
- usage: a small (rustic) house used as a temporary shelter
- 5. lodge, indian lodge, dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling house
- usage: any of various Native American dwellings
- 6. hostel, hostelry, inn, lodge, auberge, hotel
- usage: a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
- 1. lodge, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: be a lodger; stay temporarily; "Where are you lodging in Paris?"
- 2. lodge, wedge, stick, deposit, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: put, fix, force, or implant; "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
- 3. charge, lodge, file, accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
- usage: file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- 4. lodge, accommodate, house, put up, domiciliate
- usage: provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lodge (Dictionary)