WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emancipate, liberate, change state, turn
- usage: give equal rights to; of women and minorities
- 2. free, liberate, release, unloose, unloosen, loose
- usage: grant freedom to; free from confinement
- 3. liberate, set free, free, discharge
- usage: grant freedom to; "The students liberated their slaves upon graduating from the university"
- 4. release, free, liberate, generate, bring forth
- usage: release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
All rights reserved.
See also: liberate (Dictionary)