Synonyms of less
- 1. less(prenominal) (vs. more), little#2, slight
- usage: (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree; "of less importance"; "less time to spend with the family"; "a shower uses less water"; "less than three years old"
- 2. less, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: (usually preceded by `no') lower in quality; "no less than perfect"
- 3. less, fewer (vs. more)
- usage: (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer; "less than three weeks"; "no less than 50 people attended"; "in 25 words or less"
- 1. less, to a lesser extent
- usage: used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs; "less interesting"; "less expensive"; "less quickly"
- 2. less
- usage: comparative of little; "she walks less than she should"; "he works less these days"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of less (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.