Synonyms of leaven
- 1. leaven, leavening, substance
- usage: a substance used to produce fermentation in dough or a liquid
- 2. leaven, leavening, imponderable
- usage: an influence that works subtly to lighten or modify something; "his sermons benefited from a leavening of humor"
- 1. raise, leaven, prove, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of leaven (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.