- 1. lacing, liquor, spirits, booze, hard drink, hard liquor, John Barleycorn, strong drink
- usage: a small amount of liquor added to a food or beverage
- 2. lace, lacing, cord
- usage: a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)
- 3. beating, thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking, corporal punishment
- usage: the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace, twist, twine, distort
- usage: spin,wind, or twist together; "intertwine the ribbons"; "Twine the threads into a rope"; "intertwined hearts"
- 2. braid, lace, plait, weave, tissue
- usage: make by braiding or interlacing; "lace a tablecloth"
- 3. lace, weave, tissue
- usage: do lacework; "The Flemish women were lacing in front of the cathedral"
- 4. lace, lace up, tie, bind
- usage: draw through eyes or holes; "lace the shoelaces"
- 5. spike, lace, fortify, change, alter, modify
- usage: add alcohol to (beverages); "the punch is spiked!"
All rights reserved.
See also: lacing (Dictionary)