Meaning of lacing
Pronunciation: (lā'sing), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that laces.
- a trimming of lace or braid.
- a beating or thrashing.
- a small amount of alcoholic liquor or any other substance added to food or drink.
- a lace used for fastening, as in a shoe or corset.
- any member or members, as a batten plate or steel bars, uniting the angles or flanges of a composite girder, column, or strut.
- Also called
- a course of brick in a wall of rubble.
- a bond course in a rowlock arch.
- any light line for fastening a sail, awning, or other cloth.
- lacing (Thesaurus)