WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. introduction, debut, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
- 2. introduction, section, subdivision
- usage: the first section of a communication
- 3. presentation, introduction, intro, informing, making known
- usage: formally making a person known to another or to the public
- 4. introduction, textbook, text, text edition, schoolbook, school text
- usage: a basic or elementary instructional text
- 5. introduction, proposal
- usage: a new proposal; "they resisted the introduction of impractical alternatives"
- 6. insertion, introduction, intromission, movement
- usage: the act of putting one thing into another
- 7. initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
All rights reserved.
See also: introduction (Dictionary)