- 1. intermediate, chemical, chemical substance
- usage: a substance formed during a chemical process before the desired product is obtained
- 1. intercede, mediate, intermediate, liaise, arbitrate, negociate, negotiate, talk terms
- usage: act between parties with a view to reconciling differences; "He interceded in the family dispute"; "He mediated a settlement"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intermediate (vs. terminal), grey, gray, halfway, in-between, mediate, middle, junior(prenominal), third-year, next-to-last, penultimate, next-to-last, sophomore(prenominal), second-year, subterminal, antepenultimate
- usage: lying between two extremes in time or space or state; "going from sitting to standing without intermediate pushes with the hands"; "intermediate stages in a process"; "intermediate stops on the route"; "an intermediate range plane"
- 2. average, intermediate, medium, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
All rights reserved.
See also: intermediate (Dictionary)