Meaning of intermediate
Pronunciation: (in"tur-mē'dē-it), [key]
- being, situated, or acting between two points, stages, things, persons, etc.: the intermediate steps in a procedure.
- of or pertaining to an intermediate school.
- a person who acts between others; intermediary; mediator.
- something intermediate, as a form or class.
- a derivative of the initial material formed before the desired product of a chemical process.
Pronunciation: (in"tur-mē'dē-āt"), [key]
— -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to act as an intermediary; intervene; mediate.
- intermediate (Thesaurus)