- 1. enterprise, enterprisingness, initiative, go-ahead, drive
- usage: readiness to embark on bold new ventures
- 2. first step, initiative, opening move, opening, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the first of a series of actions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inaugural, initiative, initiatory, first, maiden, opening (vs. closing)
- usage: serving to set in motion; "the magazine's inaugural issue"; "the initiative phase in the negotiations"; "an initiatory step toward a treaty"; "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"; "the liner's maiden voyage"
All rights reserved.
See also: initiative (Dictionary)