- 1. person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul, organism, being, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
- 2. individual, organism, being
- usage: a single organism
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. individual (vs. common), single, idiosyncratic, individualist, individualistic, one-on-one, man-to-man, respective(prenominal), several(prenominal), various(prenominal), singular, separate
- usage: being or characteristic of a single thing or person; "individual drops of rain"; "please mark the individual pages"; "they went their individual ways"
- 2. individual, case-by-case, item-by-item, independent (vs. dependent)
- usage: separate and distinct from others of the same kind; "mark the individual pages"; "on a case-by-case basis"
- 3. individual, single(prenominal), unshared (vs. shared)
- usage: characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing; "an individual serving"; "single occupancy"; "a single bed"
- 4. individual(prenominal), private, personal (vs. impersonal)
- usage: concerning one person exclusively; "we all have individual cars"; "each room has a private bath"
All rights reserved.
See also: individual (Dictionary)