WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal, tell
- usage: be a signal for or a symptom of; "These symptoms indicate a serious illness"; "Her behavior points to a severe neurosis"; "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
- 2. indicate, point, designate, show, inform
- usage: indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
- 3. indicate, inform
- usage: to state or express briefly; "indicated his wishes in a letter"
- 4. argue, indicate, present, represent, lay out
- usage: give evidence of; "The evidence argues for your claim"; "The results indicate the need for more work"
- 5. indicate, suggest, inform
- usage: suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline is indicated in such cases"
All rights reserved.
See also: indicate (Dictionary)