Meaning of indicate
Pronunciation: (in'di-kāt"), [key]
— -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to be a sign of; betoken; evidence; show:his doubt about the venture. His hesitation really indicates
- to point out or point to; direct attention to: to indicate a place on a map.
- to show, as by measuring or recording; make known: The thermometer indicates air temperature.
- to state or express, esp. briefly or in a general way; signal: He indicated his disapproval but did not go into detail.
- (of symptoms) to point out (a particular remedy, treatment, etc.) as suitable or necessary.
- to show the presence of (a condition, infection, etc.).
- indicate (Thesaurus)