WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indeterminate (vs. determinate), undetermined, cost-plus, open-ended, inconclusive, indeterminable#1, undeterminable, uncertain
- usage: not precisely determined or established; not fixed or known in advance; "of indeterminate age"; "a zillion is a large indeterminate number"; "an indeterminate point of law"; "the influence of environment is indeterminate"; "an indeterminate future"
- 2. indeterminate (vs. determinate), racemose
- usage: having a capacity for continuing to grow at the apex; "an indeterminate stem"
- 3. indeterminate, equivocal (vs. unequivocal), ambiguous
- usage: of uncertain or ambiguous nature; "the equivocal (or indeterminate) objects painted by surrealists"
- 4. indeterminate, indeterminable (vs. determinable), undeterminable
- usage: not capable of being determined; "the indeterminate number of plant species in the jungle"
- 5. indeterminate, inconclusive (vs. conclusive)
- usage: not leading to a definite ending or result; "an indeterminate campaign"
All rights reserved.
See also: indeterminate (Dictionary)