Meaning of indeterminate
Pronunciation: (in"di-tûr'mu-nit), [key]
- not determinate; not precisely fixed in extent; indefinite; uncertain.
- not clear; vague.
- not established.
- not settled or decided.
- (of a quantity) undefined, as 0/0.
- (of an equation) able to be satisfied by more than one value for each unknown.
- (of an inflorescence) having the axis or axes not ending in a flower or bud, thus allowing further elongation.
- something whose value is not specified: used esp. in abstract algebra; a variable.
- indeterminate (Thesaurus)