WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. embodiment, incarnation, avatar, personification
- usage: a new personification of a familiar idea; "the embodiment of hope"; "the incarnation of evil"; "the very avatar of cunning"
- 2. Incarnation, religious doctrine, church doctrine, gospel, creed
- usage: (Christianity) the Christian doctrine of the union of God and man in the person of Jesus Christ
- 3. incarnation, time
- usage: time passed in a particular bodily form; "he believes that his life will be better in his next incarnation"
- 4. personification, incarnation, embodiment
- usage: the act of attributing human characteristics to abstract ideas etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: incarnation (Dictionary)