Meaning of incarnation
Pronunciation: (in"kär-nā'shun), [key]
- an incarnate being or form.
- a living being embodying a deity or spirit.
- assumption of human form or nature.
- (sometimes l.c.)the doctrine that the second person of the Trinity assumed human form in the person of Jesus Christ and is completely both God and man.
- a person or thing regarded as embodying or exhibiting some quality, idea, or the like: The leading dancer is the incarnation of grace.
- the act of incarnating.
- state of being incarnated.
- incarnation (Thesaurus)