WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incapable (vs. capable), unable(predicate), incompetent
- usage: (followed by `of') lacking capacity or ability; "incapable of carrying a tune"; "he is incapable of understanding the matter"; "incapable of doing the work"
- 2. incapable(predicate), unsusceptible (vs. susceptible), insusceptible
- usage: not being susceptible to or admitting of something (usually followed by `of'); "incapable of solution"
- 3. incapable (vs. capable)
- usage: (followed by `of') not having the temperament or inclination for; "simply incapable of lying"
- 4. incapable, incompetent, unequal to(predicate), inadequate (vs. adequate), unequal
- usage: not meeting requirements; "unequal to the demands put upon him"
All rights reserved.
See also: incapable (Dictionary)