WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. submergence, submerging, submersion, immersion, sinking
- usage: sinking until covered completely with water
- 2. ingress, immersion, disappearance
- usage: (astronomy) the disappearance of a celestial body prior to an eclipse
- 3. concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion, attention
- usage: complete attention; intense mental effort
- 4. immersion, baptism
- usage: a form of baptism in which part or all of a person's body is submerged
- 5. submersion, immersion, ducking, dousing, wetting
- usage: the act of wetting something by submerging it
All rights reserved.
See also: immersion (Dictionary)