Meaning of immersion
Pronunciation: (i-mûr'zhun, -shun), [key]
- an act or instance of immersing.
- state of being immersed.
- state of being deeply engaged or involved; absorption.
- baptism in which the whole body of the person is submerged in the water.
- Also calledthe entrance of a heavenly body into an eclipse by another body, an occultation, or a transit. Cf. emersion (def. 1).
- concentrating on one course of instruction, subject, or project to the exclusion of all others for several days or weeks; intensive: an immersion course in conversational French.
- immersion (Thesaurus)