WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hypostasis, epistasis, organic process, biological process
- usage: the suppression of a gene by the effect of an unrelated gene
- 2. hypostasis, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the accumulation of blood in an organ
- 3. hypostasis, hypostasis of Christ, Godhead, Lord, Creator, Maker, Divine, God Almighty, Almighty, Jehovah
- usage: any of the three persons of the Godhead constituting the Trinity especially the person of Christ in which divine and human natures are united
- 4. hypostasis, kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- usage: (metaphysics) essential nature or underlying reality
All rights reserved.
See also: hypostasis (Dictionary)