- 1. hive, multitude, throng, concourse
- usage: a teeming multitude
- 2. beehive, hive, receptacle
- usage: a man-made receptacle that houses a swarm of bees
- 3. beehive, hive, nest
- usage: a structure that provides a natural habitation for bees; as in a hollow tree
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hive, store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away
- usage: store, like bees; "bees hive honey and pollen"; "He hived lots of information"
- 2. hive, meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
- usage: move together in a hive or as if in a hive; "The bee swarms are hiving"
- 3. hive, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather into a hive; "The beekeeper hived the swarm"
All rights reserved.
See also: hive (Dictionary)