- 1. hike, hiking, tramp, walk
- usage: a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure; "she enjoys a hike in her spare time"
- 2. rise, boost, hike, cost increase, increase, increment
- usage: an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
- 3. raise, rise, wage hike, hike, wage increase, salary increase, increase, increment
- usage: the amount a salary is increased; "he got a 3% raise"; "he got a wage hike"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hike, hike up, boost, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: increase; "The landlord hiked up the rents"
- 2. hike, walk
- usage: walk a long way, as for pleasure or physical exercise; "We were hiking in Colorado"; "hike the Rockies"
All rights reserved.
See also: hike (Dictionary)