- 1. hieratic, hieratic script, hieroglyph, hieroglyphic
- usage: a cursive form of Egyptian hieroglyphics; used especially by the priests
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. priestly, hieratic, hieratical, sacerdotal
- usage: associated with the priesthood or priests; "priestly (or sacerdotal) vestments"; "hieratic gestures"
- 2. hieratic
- usage: written or belonging to a cursive form of ancient Egyptian writing; "hieratic Egyptian script"
- 3. hieratic, nonrepresentational (vs. representational)
- usage: adhering to fixed types or methods; highly restrained and formal; "the more hieratic sculptures leave the viewer curiously unmoved"
All rights reserved.
See also: hieratic (Dictionary)