- 1. herd, animal group
- usage: a group of cattle or sheep or other domestic mammals all of the same kind that are herded by humans
- 2. herd, animal group
- usage: a group of wild mammals of one species that remain together: antelope or elephants or seals or whales or zebra
- 3. ruck, herd, multitude, throng, concourse
- usage: a crowd especially of ordinary or undistinguished persons or things; "his brilliance raised him above the ruck"; "the children resembled a fairy herd"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. herd, crowd, move, displace
- usage: cause to herd, drive, or crowd together; "We herded the children into a spare classroom"
- 2. herd, crowd, crowd together
- usage: move together, like a herd
- 3. herd, keep
- usage: keep, move, or drive animals; "Who will be herding the cattle when the cowboy dies?"
All rights reserved.
See also: herd (Dictionary)