WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Harris, Joel Harris, Joel Chandler Harris
- usage: United States author who wrote the stories about Uncle Remus (1848-1908)
- 2. Harris, Zellig Harris, Zellig Sabbatai Harris
- usage: United States linguist (born in Ukraine) who developed mathematical linguistics and interpreted speech and writing in a social context (1909-1992)
- 3. Harris, Townsend Harris
- usage: United States diplomat who was instrumental in opening Japan to foreign trade (1804-1878)
- 4. Harris, Frank Harris, James Thomas Harris
- usage: Irish writer noted for his sexually explicit but unreliable autobiography (1856-1931)
- 5. Harris, Bomber Harris, Sir Arthur Travers Harris
- usage: British marshal of the Royal Air Force; during World War II he directed mass bombing raids against German cities that resulted in heavy civilian casualties (1892-1984)
- 6. Harris, Benjamin Harris
- usage: publisher of the first newspaper printed in America (1673-1713)
All rights reserved.
See also: harris (Dictionary)