Meaning of Harris
Pronunciation: (har'is), [key]
- c1660–c1720, English journalist who published the first newspaper in America 1690.
- 1856–1931, U.S. writer, born in Ireland.
- 1848–1908, U.S. journalist, novelist, and short-story writer: creator of Uncle Remus.
- born 1925, U.S. actress.
- born 1921, U.S. public-opinion pollster and columnist.
- born 1922, U.S. novelist.
- 1898–1979, U.S. composer.
- 1795–1856, U.S. entomologist: pioneer in applied entomology.
- a male given name.
- harris (Thesaurus)