WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gracious (vs. ungracious), elegant, graceful, refined, merciful, friendly, refined
- usage: characterized by charm, good taste, and generosity of spirit; "gracious even to unexpected visitors"; "gracious living"; "he bears insult with gracious good humor"
- 2. benignant, gracious, kind (vs. unkind)
- usage: characterized by kindness and warm courtesy especially of a king to his subjects; "our benignant king"
- 3. courteous, gracious, nice, polite (vs. impolite)
- usage: exhibiting courtesy and politeness; "a nice gesture"
- 4. gracious, propitious (vs. unpropitious)
- usage: disposed to bestow favors; "thanks to the gracious gods"
All rights reserved.
See also: gracious (Dictionary)