Synonyms of goal
- 1. goal, end, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: the state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it; "the ends justify the means"
- 2. finish, destination, goal, end, terminal
- usage: the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey); "a crowd assembled at the finish"; "he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
- 3. goal, game equipment
- usage: game equipment consisting of the place toward which players of a game try to advance a ball or puck in order to score points
- 4. goal, score
- usage: a successful attempt at scoring; "the winning goal came with less than a minute left to play"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of goal (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.